Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wal-Mart, Equations, and an Idiom

As I was on my weekly sunday night/monday morning @ 12am Wal-Mart run, I found myself quite perturbed. Why, if you only have one set of your two doors operational in the evening, would you only have the middle check out lanes open? Everyone has to go in and out of those doors anyway. How very inconvenient. I go on these runs to feed my impulse buying addiction, and you want to delay my quick fix by making me walk across half the store, just so I'll buy another candy bar? F that. We really need to change that. Where's the suggestion box in Wal-Mart anyway?

I've decided I need a girl in my life. No, not because I am 24 and single, but because I need to write some new songs with soul wrenching lyrics. So, I'll be holding auditions for any attractive females who are willing to stir up my emotions. Sure, we can date for love at first, but then you are going to have to cheat on me or something. Yeah, we all love those happy, cheesy love songs, but when the music really effects our emotions is when the song is a depressing tune with emotion ridden lyrics about the messy break up. Hit me up if you're interested. I promise to immortalize you.

Was that last paragraph shallow? No. I said I want an ATTRACTIVE girl to break my heart, because I do. Sorry, but realistically speaking if I am not attracted to you, you probably are not going to break my heat. No broken heart means no soul wrenching lyrics. Without soul wrenching lyrics neither one of us will be immortalized.

Speaking of ridiculous equations, anybody hear about that lady who sold her baby to a couple for a car and cash??? Yeah, that's definitely a sad, twisted story. The worst part of the story, however, is the news coverage on it. I'm not sure if it was FOX news or CNN, but one of those prominent, trusted, national news stations actually formulated an equation to show while they were covering this story. The equation consisted of a picture of an automobile, a + symbol, a picture of cash, an = sign, a picture of a baby, and then (my favorite part of all) a question mark. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Please bless that was some clueless intern's first big project.

Ok. Here's the Grammar lesson for the blog.

Amy says something to Hannah such as:

"Hanz, we're in a gang, but our room is sooooo messy! Let's be birds and clean it!"

To which Hannah replies:

"I could care less if our room is a mess! Hey, that rhymed,"

What did Hannah just say? She wanted to say that she really didn't care that their room is a mess, but that's not what she said. She said that she COULD care less. Does that make sense? No, it does not.

The correct phrase is "I couldN'T care less" In other words, there is no possible way that I could care less about our room being messy.

COULDN'T CARE LESS.. Use it, Love it.

-Cope Out

No comments: