Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Other Side

I guess I deserved it. I've put girls through the exact same thing. And as cool, calm and collected as I may have seemed, I was pretty riled up. Having euphemisms thrown out all evening long explaining that I am not good enough for her really made the evening fun.

I'll give her credit. She didn't want to say it. In fact, she didn't even want to feel that way. But she does. She said multiple times that it is probably something she should get over, that it's not that important. But it obviously was. The things she was so bothered about were small petty things, in my opinion. But if they bug her, they bug her. I don't want someone to have to force themselves to want to be with me.. I guess I am just a hopeless romantic. I expect fireworks on both ends of a relationship.

At one time I would have changed for her – Ironically, at one time I wouldn't have needed to change for her.

What hurts the most is that she couldn't even see the type of person I really am. She let these stupid things hang over my head. She has no idea I have the same goals as she does. She is still blind.

Here's the irony of the whole situation. After we stopped dating the first time, she told me that she thought all she was to me was just another girl with a pretty face who laughed at my jokes. Yeah, it turns out she's the shallow one. I'm the one who got who used. She's all about being with me when it's convenient, but when it's not I don't exist.

Being on this end sucks.

No comments: