Wednesday, April 29, 2009

AI Recap (top 5)

I love this crew of people. Everyone of them can sing and everyone of them has a different style. Love it.

This was the best week so far for me. I love the old standards. Thank you Rat Pack

Kris Allen: I love that song, it was a nice arrangement. Nothing super unique about it. But he sounded good. He was iffy when flipping up to his false, but overall I enjoyed it.

Allison Iraheta: Holy freaking curse words. She Rocked this song so hard. She was outstanding. I absolutely loved it. I don't remember her showing the nice side of her voice yet and WOW, she nailed it.

Matt Giraud: Did some absolutely fantastic stuff in the song. His runs were spot on and that sustained note that Mr Foxx told him to hold out was superb. I do actually think the original key he sang it in with Jamie Foxx was a better key for him. The verse sounded better the very first time we heard him sing. The verse was lacking when he performed it.

Danny Gokey: He proved me wrong this week. Normally on a song like this the lower verse would be weak. But he sounded great from the first note to the last note. Did the same type of arrangement that he's done almost the whole show- But I really liked it this week. He was on his the top of his game.

Adam Lambert: He was good. It was kind of just a "blah" week for him this week. He sounded great, like always, but for Adam it was almost boring. Maybe it was just the odd arrangement of a great song.


Since I am so slow at posting this this week I didn't make a guess on the bottom three... but I can also comment on the results.

I do love Matt, but I am ok with him going home with this group of singers left. And with him leaving hopefully the so will the trend to wear stupid hats. I don't think we will be seeing Adam down that close to elimination next week. Everyone was so good this week, he just didn't stand out like he normally does. He'll be fine though

No comments: