Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AI Recap (Top 8)

Danny Gokey: I really do love his style. Homeboy can sing. I do wish he would concentrate a little bit better on the the slower non yellie stuff. That's his weakness right now. I hope America doesn't forget about him

Kris Allen: Interesting choice with the fans all around him and stuff. Was not feeling the song at all this week Kind of bland. I have been liking him more as of late- but this was not a strong week.

Lil Rounds: She doesn't do a single cool unique thing with her songs. She just sings all Black girl like and I'm sorry that's not enough. The song seemed bigger than her this week. And I thank Jesus that the judges agree with me.

Anoop Desai: Dude can sing (no, I am not intentionally quoting Randy). Sounded nice this week. I don't think America loves him anymore though. The problem is he needs to always sing all slow and soulful. People just feel awkward inside when he is trying to be hard core.

Scott MacIntyre: Seriously? What the hell? Just say no to the guitar. You played maybe 4 bar chords on that thing. NO! No guitar for you. He is nice guy and likable. But NO! Not ok this week.

Allison Iraheta: I have said this to many people before and it's coming obvious to everyone: Allison will easily have the best career out of any of the girls on this season. She has the awesome unique rawness to her voice. As long as she doesn't ruin it she will be successful. The judges were right this week. She does need a light image change, but that will happen with age and time. Oh yeah, I dug her again this week.

Matt Giraud: I Always like him and I again thought he was quite good. I love the flipping up to the false, he does it so freaking well. Matt loves to add Runs and he can do it very well- but it was little excessive this week IMO. Still love him though.

Adam Lambert: I actually really like him when he stays in his more mellow tone. When he flips to his false instead of his screamy mix he is very nice to listen to. It's just unpleasant to my ears when he stays up in the screamy mix all the time. Good week once again.

My Bottom Three:

Anoop Desai
Lil Rounds
Scott MacIntyre


P.S. The super awesome song on the ATT commercial? Landon Pigg "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop". just sayin.

No comments: