Friday, March 20, 2009

RBADDK (March Madness)

-President Obama filled out a bracket for the NCAA tourny. In response to him not picking Duke to make it to the Final Four Coach K (coach of Duke University) made this comment "As much as I respect what he's doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets." The comment overall is accurate, President Obama should focus more on the problems with the economy than the NCAA Tourny. But do you really think he sat in the Oval Office for hours and contemplated his picks for the NCAA tourny? That's a big fat hell no. He is just being the personable, likable President everyone wanted. Coach K, thank you for helping bring back the Gold Medal to the good ol USA, but get over it. (He did later make an announcement that he was just being playful... It's just an emotion we don't ever see from him)

-This recent change in weather has caused me to want to frolic through daffodils. Yeah, I said it.

-March Madness is upon us. And that is glorious.

-What is not glorious however, is the NCAA's anti bias towards "mid-majors". Utah State probably wouldn't have made the field of 65 had they not won the conference tourny. That is a 30 win team. And how do they get rewarded for winning the auto bid? With an 11 seed. Ridiculous. BYU had another great season, beat some really good teams played some powerhouses ridiculously close and took a share of the MWC title. Their prize? An 8 seed rematch against a quality team. The Utes (whom I still hate) took a share of the Regular season title, had huge wins and won the MWC tourny. They were probably seeded higher than they deserve, but who do they get to play? Oh, just a team that has the longest consecutive NCAA tourny births. Going into the Conference tourny the MWC was predicted to have 4 teams make it to the tourny. UNLV and New Mexico played their way out, but SDSU should have played themselves in... I am not crying foul play- just think the system is all sorts of F-ed up.

-I was pretty anti Twitter for a while. But now I am pretty in love with it. Not only can I update the world on my thoughts, I can also see what John Mayer (my man-crush), Sophia Bush (my Celebrity crush), and Neil Patrick Harris (my... Tell the Pants Story?) are doing and thinking. I digg..

-If you have Twitter follow me twitter.com/NathanCopier

-I am avidly watching American Idol and have some strong opinions about it and the people on it. So strong in fact, that I may update my opinions on the show weekly. Don't hate.

No comments: