Sunday, March 30, 2008

Random Blabberings of the ADD Kid (March Edition)

March is coming to an end and I haven't thrown down a good blog for while. I am not sure if what follows will qualify as a "good blog" or not. You'll just have to read it and figure it out for yourself.

Nate's Recent Thoughts:

-I really hate the fact that I am 25 but sometimes my forehead thinks I am 15. Don't you have some teenager's life to torture Mister Under-the-Skin Zit?

-You should never have to precursor the introduction of your new Fiance (or almost Fiance) with "He's not the best looking guy, but he's so sweet." This is wrong on soo many levels. You should probably date someone you are attracted to. That's kind of an important thing. Also, if you are attracted to them, who cares what anyone else thinks?

-The worse person you can sit by on a plane is the seat hog. You know, the one who traps you against the window for 2 hours? Most of the time the dude doesn't care if our shoulders touch, but I do. You know how there is a divider/arm rest between us? Me too. There is an imaginary line that goes up from that arm rest you are not allowed to, at any time, cross it. Please do not lean my way- in fact, those in the middle seat surrender any right to lean. Sorry. I don't make the rules.

-Did you know that Black people have a different version of Happy Birthday? I didn't either. Thank you Murray family for introducing that to me. (I have no idea if this is widely accepted in the black community or not).

-I think I recently sold my soul to Lagoon.

-If anyone knows any producers from MTV, please send them my way. A reality show based off of my Roommates at USU would be uber successful. As the Laguna Beach peeps say, there is constant "drama, drama, drama." (Seriously though, people would watch)

-I hate that the word uber is popular.

-I hate even more that I use it.



For this edition's Grammar Lesson I am going to actually give you permission to do something that is not grammatically correct. The Double Negative. A lot of the time you just sound stupid if you use it.

"I'm not doin' that for nobody," is not acceptable. That just doesn't even make sense.

But sometimes the double negative is the best way to describe something. For Example:

"I don't not like him." Not everything in this world is Black and White. It's not do you like him or don't you like him. Sometimes you don't dislike somebody but you don't really like them.

If you disagree with me, get over it. :)

No comments: