Monday, March 3, 2008

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul

Remember how Adam Sandler goes off on "The Puppy Who Lost His Way" in Billy Madison? And the Principal says "Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to your response" ? With this new job I feel an awful lot like that Principal.

First of all, I went to Philadelphia. This is all I saw:



That's the view from my balcony at the hotel. Neat eh?

But this experience in Philly did prove eventful for me. I had a very eye opening experience. You know what that is? People are dumb. Seriously dumb. There are way too many people in this world with little money who are willing to give that money out.

I work for a company who does a training session on Auction Teacher. Basically this program shows people how to use ebay to make a living. There are companies out there who will sell you a lot of products for dirt cheap and all you have to do is sell their product for them. So basically you list the item for them and handle all the customer service. It is actually a good program. All I do is answer questions, help with paper work and set up for the seminar.

So at this training session/seminar we have a speaker who talks a little about which companies to work with and basically gives you a check list to get started. He also will talk about a few other things and then we sell them a couple packages that will help out their business.

People are dumb. First of all, some of the questions people have about this and ebay are ridiculous. I honestly feel like I lose intelligence after talking to some of these people. I didn't know there were this many dumb people in the world.

Now, it's really okay if you don't know anything about a computer and the internet, but you probably shouldn't start a company where you need that knowledge if you don't have it.

You also shouldn't be giving me your welfare check. Maybe some of them will actually use this and make money, but I guarantee the majority of people don't do it.

I have come to the conclusion that it is very easy to make a lot of money. All you need is a hotel ballroom full of stupid people.

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

Nate! I found your blog from your facebook page! Sounds like you had a fun trip!! Ha ha!

Hayley said...

You crack me up! Do you feel kind of bad taking these stupid peoples money?