Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween is neat.

I haven't had the chance or desire to dress up for the last few halloweens since I was this every weekend in October:


But this year I decided I wanted to actually go and do something. I went up to Ogden for a Party with a bunch of Weber Staters. I still didn't want to spend much time on my Costume though, so I recycled an old idea and made it a touch better.

This was me in 2000 as a 17 year old (thanks Jill)



And this is me in 2008




Yes, that is my actual Cub Scout shirt. Yes, I was a lot skinnier in High School.

I added the nice kerchief and slider this year. I did have on some Khaki Shorts and Hiking Socks as well. (Just for all you poeple paying attention, I did actually make it to Bear, just never got around to sewing that one on. But that is when my scouting career stopped. No Weblos. No Arrow of Light. No Tenderfoot. Obviously no Eagle as well.... )

Halloween wasn't too bad this year. The party was pretty crazy and I was only one of a few sober people around, but I still had a good time. Maybe next year I'll actually be able to celebrate the whole day...

4 comments:

jill said...

yes you were seriously a lot skinnier in hs! What now that Lagoon is done??

Hayley said...

Sad I missed seeing you at Lagoon. I really wanted to go but no one wanted to spend 30$.

PS: What gadget did you get so show when your friends last updated their profile... I want that!

jg said...

The scout idea is pure genius!! I haven't looked at your blog for a while but when I do, you definitly don't let me down with the comments!! keep on earning those badges, pretty soon you will have the silver beaver award

Jarell

Travis and Addie said...

nate I haven't talked to you forever! haha how's life? your costumes all look fabulous!